Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Ultrasonic Doppler Flow Detector







My first "real" electronics project, this is a Nic Collins design on a 74HC14 chip - 5 oscillators, 4 of which are available via knobs. I'm going to write a lot more about this later.

EDIT:
This is 5 oscillators on a 74HC14 digital logic chip. Four of the knobs control individual oscillators --the 5th knob is interesting because it allows you to choose between two signal groups - one of which includes all the oscillators going, and one is just a few oscillators. It has a built in speaker, which is amplified from a 386 audio amplifier, and a 1/4" out. The fun thing is that the oscillators sort of cross-modulate each other, I assume because of limited power supply - they cannibalize each other's and ending up dirtying up the signal, which is great for me. I'm going to post some tracks that I've made with this box soon too.

AUDIO LINK: http://www.hotlinkfiles.com/files/416916_in5s9/ultrasonicdoppler.mp3

No comments: